November 27, 2014
Authored by: Stephanie Moll and Tiffany McKenzie
Happy Thanksgiving from the Private Client group at Bryan Cave!
Now is the time everyone comes together to remember what they’re thankful for this year. In conjunction with being thankful for the blessings in our lives, it also is a good time to review your estate planning goals, such as the following:
- Have you retained enough cash flow for you (and your spouse) in order to maintain your standard of living and provide you with security for your lifetimes?
- Have you provided for your surviving spouse so he or she will be taken care of after you’re gone?
- Have you prepared a prenuptial agreement to protect your assets upon divorce? See our post on Prenuptial Agreements.
- Have you protected your children (or other beneficiaries) by protecting their inheritance from creditors? See our post on Creditor’s Rights.
- Have you protected your children (or other beneficiaries) by reducing